Author Topic: New item at UO codes for those that enhance !!  (Read 5662 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +390
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
New item at UO codes for those that enhance !!
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
The Forged Metal of Artifacts looks like a blaze colored piece of forged metal.

Forged Metal of Artifacts
Blessed
uses Remaining: 10
All Crafting Skills: 100%

after claiming and when used in game, this descriptor box pops up ~

The next time that you try to enhance an item the success rate will be the value listed below regardless of your skill and total intensity of the item. Skill requirements still apply to material usage. One charge on this item will be consumed per use and only one instance of this buff can be active at any time.

Skill All Crafting Skills
Success Rate: 100%
Okay/Cancel

$9.95 for the 10 charge version, $5.95 for 5 charges.

------------------------------------------------------

Also have Abyssal Hair Dye

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +189
    • View Profile
Re: New item at UO codes for those that enhance !!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »
Umm... Oh my! 

100% success chance for enhancing??  I vowed a while back not to spend another actual dime on this game, but these just may force me to change my stance..

That purely insane LRC/LUCK suit would be easily achievable.  Let alone the 6 mod HCI woodland sampire suits..

My brain is spinning with the possibilities right now.. :D

Thanks for posting this up Massacre!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
:D :D :D

Nevermind.. Just found one for sale on my shard!! 

I'm off to go toy with this thing!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +307
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:56 PM »
Let us know how well it works and any caveats that you may have when using it!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +325
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
One for sale on Pac, 20M.  That's a good price, actually, based purely on the cash/gold cost.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
@ NObama:  ;)  That's the one I currently own.

@UOMaddog:  I just finished making a couple luck pieces for my tamer's suit.  Worked like a *bleep'n* charm!!

140 Luck
20 LRC
8 LMC
2 MR
-Various resist boosts to round out the suit

Quite frankly, I think this little thing is WELL worth the 10 bucks it costs if you don't have the time, or want to spend the time ingredient gathering just to watch your item break during enhancing.

Next up is the 2 pieces I have to redo on my mage suit now that reflect has been changed.  Then I'll probably burn the last 5 charges toying with godly woodland pieces for my sampire. 

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +307
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 07:02:21 PM »
Wait so this will also guarantee a 100% enhance chance as well?? If so, I might as well just make an uber suit that'll cost me $10!

EDIT: So I just re-read the description and realized that it wasn't the imbuing chance that got increased, it was the enhancement (usually AFTER the imbue). WOW!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 07:09:09 PM »
You got it!!  It guarantees the enhance afterward.  :D

In a nutshell.. For $10 and some gold for imbuing ingredients, you can have the most insane suit (or two) possible.

This thing is incredible!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +316
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »
I'll be buying with one in game gold the second I get the chance, of that there is little doubt...

With that said there is something I don't like about Uogamecodes/UO introducing in items like this in the UO virtual world.

Now the crafting market will sufffer. POF sales will decline. Sale of Imbueing ingredients will decline. SA monsters will be farmed less.

What ,if any, are the long term effects of introducing items like this into the game?

Maybe it's too soon to tell. Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut/doomsayer.

Perhaps there are no negative effects and all the benefits end up being only good. I know I'm walking around in a grade B woodland suit simply because I don't want to go through the headache of crafting a high end suit.

On the flip side everyone and their brother will be walking around in insane high end suits. This sometimes opens the door to players getting bored and quitting after having achieved the goal of attaining insane weapon and suits of armor. Many might get feel there is nothing left for them to farm or work towards.  

I dunno...

Time will tell.

Or maybe that's when UO releases another Booster.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:48 AM »
I agree with you.. Items like these are super cool, but they should only raise the chance, not guarantee for one.. and items that have an actual effect on the combat system in the game should not be for sale through EA, period. Even if these items were to drop from actual monsters, they should be rare drops, such as tangle or something.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »
I'll be buying with one in game gold the second I get the chance, of that there is little doubt...

With that said there is something I don't like about Uogamecodes/UO introducing in items like this in the UO virtual world.

Now the crafting market will sufffer. POF sales will decline. Sale of Imbueing ingredients will decline. SA monsters will be farmed less.

What ,if any, are the long term effects of introducing items like this into the game?

Maybe it's too soon to tell. Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut/doomsayer.

Perhaps there are no negative effects and all the benefits end up being only good. I know I'm walking around in a grade B woodland suit simply because I don't want to go through the headache of crafting a high end suit.

On the flip side everyone and their brother will be walking around in insane high end suits. This sometimes opens the door to players getting bored and quitting after having achieved the goal of attaining insane weapon and suits of armor. Many might get feel there is nothing left for them to farm or work towards. 

I dunno...

Time will tell.

Or maybe that's when UO releases another Booster.

That was one of my main reasons for posting this up. I think items coming from UO codes like this will eventually destroy UO.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +396
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
lol i would use this on one of the 50 ssi bows from that old invasion

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:42 PM »
Ther is one for sale on chessy for 11M almost worth transfering to get it :)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »

I think I tried to imbue one of those quite a while ago and was unable to.. Would be crazy if you could, and then enhance that puppy!  lol

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »

I think I tried to imbue one of those quite a while ago and was unable to.. Would be crazy if you could, and then enhance that puppy!  lol

Do not know if you can now, but you where able to imbue them early on when imbuing first came out. Several of us have a handful already imbued that we would like to enhance   8)

Tags: